Tow the beginning of Joey and Phoebe? (Continuation)

This fanfic is a continuation of ‘Tow the end of Ross and Rachel?’

Disclaimer: These characters do not belong to me, but to Bright, Kaufman and Crane Productions and Warner Bros.   Their use is not intended for profit, only for entertainment.

 

Lisa Kudrow: So last time we saw I had just told everyone I was pregnant! Of course they all freaked out. Anyway I have to go now so enjoy.

 

(Continued from when phoebe had just told everyone)

 

Monica: What!

 

Chandler: You and Joey!

 

Rachel: How could you be pregnant?!!

 

Phoebe: Well its pretty simple.  First. Wait you have a kid you know.

 

Ross: And with Joey. Why, When, how.

 

Phoebe: Ok, we were having one of our ‘talk about you guys’ talks last month.  We had just finished our meal and were in my apartment sitting on the couch.

 

Chandler: Go on.

 

Phoebe: So we got to talking and in the process we got really drunk.

 

Joey: Yeah Baby!

 

(Flash back to a month ago and Phoebe and Joey are really drunk!)

 

Phoebe: So who do you love the most out of the friend type people of yours.

 

Joey: You of course.

 

Phoebe: Yeah and I love you! The most.

 

Joey: You no what I was thinking.

 

Phoebe: I think my psychic powers are to drunk you’ll have to tell me

 

Joey: Well Rach and Ross av done it. Chan Chan man and Monica av so we should.

 

Phoebe: Sound like a good point to me.

 

(They start kissing and then they do it.)

 

Joey: Boy was that a good night, you are so hot Pheebs.

 

Phoebe: Thanks, I know though.

 

Rachel: So are you guys in like a relationship now then.

 

Phoebe and Joey: NOOOOOOOO!

 

Monica: But you’re having a baby.

 

Joey: You don’t think we know that but its cool.

 

Phoebe: yeah we have a plan.

 

Ross: What.

 

Phoebe: well we think we’re going to share custody.

 

Chandler: Half Joey half Phoebe, this baby doesn’t stand a chance.

 

(8 months later in the hospital)

Monica: Oh God he’s so gorgeous. I want one Chandler.

 

Chandler: Oh, Oh I er think I need some coffee.

 

Rachel: So what you going to call him guys.

Joey: Well I was thinking the hulk but for some reason Pheebs doesn’t like it.

 

Phoebe: I like Chris what do you think bout that Joe.

 

Joey: Sounds good to me.

 

Phoebe: Ok Chris it is.

 

Rachel: That’s so sweet.

 

(Later that night every is Gone apart from Joey)

 

Phoebe: He has your eyes sweetie.

 

Joey: Yes but he has our good looks.

 

Phoebe: I know.

 

Joey: Can you believe we have a little baby?

 

Phoebe: I know is so perfect.

 

Joey: No Pheebs almost perfect.

 

Phoebe: What?

 

Joey: I’ve known you for along time and you have always been my best friend. Though now that isn’t enough, I guess what i'm trying to say.

 

(Joey goes down on one knee)

 

Phoebe Buffay will you do the honour of becoming my wife.

 

Phoebe: Yeessss

 

(They kiss)

 

(7 months later. At Phoebe and joeys wedding.  Kacy is now two and has Rachel’s brown hair and it’s really wavy, she looks very sweet in her bridesmaid dress. Monica is also a bridesmaid and Rachel is maid of honour. Chandler and Ross are both the best man. They are in the church part way through the wedding.)

 

Priest: Does anyone though of any lawful impediment why this man and this woman should not be joined together in the bonds of holy matrimony. Speak now or forever hold your peace.

 

Joey: (whispers to Phoebe) This is the scariest part.

 

(Time lapse)

 

Priest: by the power vested in me by the state of New York I know pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride.

 

(Long kiss and everyone cheers)

(1 month later in Monica and Chandlers apartment)

(All the friends except for Chandler are there. Including Kacy and Chris.)

 

(Chandler comes in)

Chandler: (To Monica) Hey sweetie.

 

Monica: (Coldly) Hi.

 

Chandler: Are you ok.

 

Monica: Would you stop asking that I told you already!

 

(Everyone else is looking as Monica storms off into her room.)

 

Rachel: I take it she’s not any better.

 

Chandler: You take right I just don’t know what to do anymore. I’ve tried everything but she won’t open up to me.

 

(One week later Chandler enters the apartment to Monica who is on her own crying on the sofa.)

 

Chandler: Oh honeys are you all right.

 

Monica: No I’m not, (shouting) I can’t handle it anymore Chandler it’s to hard.

 

Chandler: What is.

 

Monica: (Not listening to Chandler) It was what I am made for its what my whole life’s been for and now it’s all been taken.

 

Chandler: Monica, you have to tell me what’s wrong sweetie I’ll love you no matter what.

 

(They stare into each others eyes whilst Monica wonder’s if she should tell Chandler or not.)

 

Monica: I can’t have children.

 

Chandler:( Trying to act calm) what?

 

 Monica: I hate myself Chandler! A baby, that’s what I dreamed about since I was a little kid.

 

Chandler: How to you know this.

 

Monica: Come on we’ve been trying to have kids for years with so success so I just went for some tests and (pause) They said I can’t have babies. (Starts to cry)

 

Chandler:(Also crying) Monica I don’t know what to say.

 

Monica: (screaming) I Knew it you hate me now.

(Monica runs into the bedroom and Chandler just stays in the lounge and falls asleep on the sofa.)

 

(Two weeks pass and things between Monica and Chandler get really bad. She is staying out late and hardly talking to Chandler.)

 

(Rachel and Ross’s. Chandler and Rachel are talking at the table.)

 

Rachel: So how you holding up then.

 

Chandler: I don’t really care how I’m holding up. I’m so worried about Monica, I don’t know how to talk to her now though, and I wanted children to.

 

Rachel: Oh honey I know you did, I know.

 

Chandler: But Rach Monica means so so much t me and I love her with all my heart.

 

Rachel: I know you do and I’m not the person you should be telling this to. You have to tell Monica she really needs your support.

 

Chandler: Yes, I’ll go talk to her now.

 

(Chandler enters his apartment and finds a note on the counter. You here him reading it in his head)

 

Chandler’s thoughts: Dear Chandler,

I’m so sorry, I love you so much but I can’t go on anymore. Things are so bad I cant stand living with you hating me so I’m going to end it. Please don’t dwell on me get on with your life and be happy.

I Love you more than I could ever say

Monica xxx

 

Chandler: Oh my God I have to find her.

 

(Runs out of the apartment)

 

(The next scenes are to the song you are everything, if you don’t know that think of a sad romantic song)

 

Scene 1: Chandler runs down the stair with tears down his face.

 

Scene 2: Monica on the roof looking down on the street.

 

Scene 3: Chandler shouting Monicaaaa, Monicaaaaa.

 

Scene 4: Him running up and bursting through the doors on to the roof.

 

Scene 5: Chandler sees Monica standing right on the edge if the wall around the roof.

 

(Everything go’s silent)

 

Chandler: Monica.

(She turns a round)

Please don’t do it I love you I couldn’t survive without you.

 

Monica: I cant Chandler I need a baby, I need one so bad its easier this way.

 

Chandler: Monica that isn’t you, you don’t give up you fight on.

 

Monica: the fights already lost I’m sorry.

 

Chandler: Don’t do it think of all the people who love you think of me, just please come here.

 

(Monica slowly turns to Chandler and climbs down off the wall)

 

(He runs up and they hug each other really tight and neither of them wants to let go)

 

(A year goes by and Monica and Chandler are doing great. They have adopted a 3-year-old named Sarah-Lou.

Rachel and Ross are doing well and Kacy who is also 3 is best friends with Sarah-Lou.

Joey and Phoebe are also doing fine and Chris is nearly two.)

 

(Rachel and Ross’s apartment, Rachel comes into the bedroom to Ross who is sitting on the bed. She has a towel rapped around her because she’s just had a shower.)

 

Ross: Is it any better.

 

Rachel: No its still there.

 

Ross: That’s it were going to get it checked out as soon as possible.

 

Rachel: Ok I’ll make a doctors appointment for Friday.

 

Ross: Good sweetie do you want me to come I can get the day off work.

 

Rachel: If you don’t mind you know how I am with doctors.

 

Ross: Good point, I will definitely be there.

 

Rachel: Great, we can drop Kacy off at Mon’s ok.

 

Ross: Yeah, sure.

 

(On Friday in the waiting room)

 

Rachel: God Ross why am I so scared I know it’s just a check up but I feel like something’s wrong.

 

Ross: It’ll be fine Rach. Stop worrying so much.

 

Rachel: I can’t help it, my Granny died of cancer and that could be me.

 

Doctor: Ok Mrs. Greengeller can you please come through.

 

Ross: (Takes Rachel’s hand and they walk towards the doctors room) Be brave for me.

 

Rachel: Thanks honey.

 

(They sit down in the waiting room)

 

Doctor: So Rachel, if you just step behind the curtain there.

 

Rachel: ok

 

Doctor: I’m going to take a quick look and then do a few tests.

 

Rachel: As long as it doesn’t hurt.

 

(Time lapse, Rach and Ross are picking up Kacy from Monica’s and Chandler’s.)

 

Monica: So what did the doctor say?

 

Rachel: Nothing really he just did tests we get the results on Thursday.

 

Monica: Chandler and I will watch Kacy for you if you want she keeps Sarah-Lou occupied.

 

Ross: Thanks Mon.

 

(Thursday and Ross and Rachel are sitting in the doctors room)

 

Ross: So is everything ok.

 

Doctor: I’m sorry Mr and Mrs Greengeller but the lump you found in cancerous.

 

Rachel: Oh God I knew it.

 

(Ross looks down and holds Rachel’s Hand really tight.)

 

Ross: ok so what next.

 

Doctor: Fortunately we have caught it early enough to just remove the lump.

 

Rachel: Thank God.

 

Doctor: We are almost certain that the cancer hasn’t spread. It could do though so we want to get you in surgery quickly.

 

Rachel: When

 

Doctor: In Two days.

 

Rachel: That soon

 

Doctor: As I said Cancer spreads very fast.

 

Ross: Oh my god.

 

(In the car on the drive home.)

 

Rachel: I’m so scared, what if it spreads Ross, and I don’t want to leave you and Kacy.

 

Ross: Rachel, sweetie calm down, it’s not going to come to that.

 

Rachel: How do you know? You said I would be fine.

 

Ross: We have to stay positive, Rach. Not just for us we have to keep things as normal for everyone including Kacy.

 

Rachel: I know I’m sorry it’s just hard to take that I could have cancer and I have to have an operation in two days.

 

Ross: I know but we will come through.

 

Rachel: Yeah we will, we have to.

 

(It’s Saturday and Ross is in a waiting room whilst Rachel is having the operation.)

 

Ross’s thoughts: God, please let her be ok please I love so much, her & Kacy my life, they are my purpose.

 

(Doctor enters)

 

Doctor: Mr. Greengeller.

 

Ross: Yes.

 

Doctor: your wife is out of theatre, the operation was a success.

 

Ross: Oh thank you so much can I see her.

 

Doctor: Of course she is just waking up now.

 

(Ross is in Rachel’s room.)

 

Ross: Hey sweetie how you doing.

 

Rachel: (week voice) You know, a bit painful but better after seeing you.

 

Ross: (crying a bit) I’m so glad Rachel I can’t explain how much you mean to me.

 

Rachel: Right back at you.

 

(Ross kisses her on the lips lightly and the scene fades out.)

 

(Closing credits)            

 

THE END(Soz, it was a bit short the next one will be way longer)

 

Any comments are welcome at iizcute4eva@hotmail.com