Lost Without You
By SailorCallie

DISCLAIMER: FRIENDS is owned by BKC, Warner Bros. Television, an AOL/Time Warner Company and NBC. I own the plot while the song belongs to Mrs. Vanessa L. Williams, wife of L.A. Laker, Rick Fox.

Summary: Rachel, unable to keep her true feelings to Ross since the conception and birth of their daughter, Emma, shows her true feelings to her true love by song. But, will her take her back or make her life more miserable. For ALL R&R fans worldwide! BTW, this is my first songfic and it’s set during the current (9th) season, so no flames please.

Rated G for General Audience.

May 16th, 2002.

“It’s a girl!” said the mid-wife as Rachel delivers her and Ross Geller’s daughter into the world.

“We did it, Rach.” Said an excited Ross.

“Yeah, after 17 long hours in labor, I’d like to see you in my shoes.” Said an exhausted Rachel as their daughter begins to cry.

A few hours later.

Joey walks towards Ross’ jacket and picks up an engagement ring meant for Rachel. He turns around on bended knee and shows her the ring.

“Oh my God.” Said a surprised Rachel. “Yes.”

By then, the whole Ross/Joey/Rachel love triangle brew-ha-ha began.

Oct. 17, 2002.

Things have since calmed down between the weary trio. Ross is going to attend a paleontology seminar in Syracuse, but a certain someone has plans for him. (A/N: It’s not Emily.)

“You’re not going, Ross. Emma needs her father as much as she needs her mother.” Said Rachel.

“Rach? I have to go or else my career teaching at NYU will be in jeopardy if I don’t.” replied Ross as he grabbed his bags.

“When’s the last time that I’ve heard that one, huh?” inquired Rachel. “When you went to China, you came back home with Julie. You even dated that whore, Emily and you ended up married and divorced that psycho because she made you choose between her and me. Had I yelled ‘ROSS’ at the top of my lungs, we could’ve recreated ‘The Graduate’ and we’d live happily ever after, except that you kissed that bitch at the altar where it should be me instead!”

“Now hear this, Rachel Karen Green! We are on a break and we’ll NEVER get back together for as long as we live!” hollered Ross as he stormed out of the apartment.

Ross Geller, you are so stubborn. thought Rachel as she starts crying.

Twenty minutes later at Monica & Chandler’s apartment. (i.e., Apt. 20)

“You and Ross had another falling out again.” said Monica.

“Yes. He even said that we are on a break and we’ll never get back together for as long we live.” said Rachel as she wipes the tears from her eyes. “I can’t believe this. Ross and I have always been meant for each other since Lincoln High, and you know it too.”

“I can’t stand to see you and Ross fighting.” said Chandler. “But then again, the couple who fights a lot, stays together more often.”

“Chandler?” inquired a surprised Rachel.

“Well, it’s true.” replied Chandler.

“You must be watching Pokemon again.” said Joey.

“That’s because Ash and Misty always fight amongst themselves and have time to be at the other’s side.” said Phoebe.

What to do, what to do? Thought Rachel as she finds a copy of Vanessa Williams’ ‘Next’ album among Monica and Chandler’s CD collection. “Hey, Mon. Do you think a song will convince Ross to take me back?"

“What do you have in mind?” inquired Monica.

Rachel takes a look at the back of the CD case and onto track 6, Lost Without You, and then she came up with a brilliant plan to get Ross back. “I have an idea, and I want all of you to participate.”

One hour later at JFK airport.

“Flight 410 to Syracuse boarding in 45 minutes.” said the announcer as Ross prepares to board his plane. “It’s time.” said a sullen Ross. Rach, I’m sorry. But, my job’s more important and my tenure at NYU’s at stake.

Just as Ross was about give his ticket to the taker, a familiar voice boomed on the speakers. “Attention everyone! If a Dr. Ross Geller’s available, this song’s for you.”

Rachel? thought Ross as the song starts to play.

Never thought that if would be this way without you
It's taking all I have just to live day to day
My heart aches for you I can't believe we're through
Oh baby, I miss you

I'm lost, lost without you baby
The days aren't the same the nights are cold and gray
I need you in my life
If not now, then someday

As I think about the times we've shared together
The way I feel for you I know I'll never feel again
Memories of loving you still linger in my head
Oh baby, I miss you

I'm lost, lost without you baby
The days aren't the same the nights are cold and gray
I need you in my life
If not now, then someday

There's a feeling deep inside of me
That just won't let you go
And the more I fight it
The more it seems to show...can't let you go

I'm lost, lost without you baby
The days aren't the same the nights are cold and gray
I need you in my life
If not now, then someday

I'm lost, lost without you baby
The days aren't the same the nights are cold and gray
I need you in my life
If not now, then someday

Everyone in the terminal started to applaud as Rachel emerged and embraced Ross. “Oh, Ross. Will you forgive me?” inquired Rachel.

“I’m the one who should apologize.” said Ross as he kisses Rachel. “Will you marry me?”

“Did you hear that, everyone?!” yelled Rachel as she turns back to Ross. “YES! I’ll marry you!”

Ross and Rachel continues to embrace each other as everyone, including the gang, continues to applaud the reunited and engaged sweethearts.

The End