TOW the Vacation Part IV

 

[Monica and Chandler’s suit.] (Monica and Chandler are in bed)

 

Chandler: Oh, she was totally singing to him!

 

Monica: Chandler, why can’t you be happy for them? They might get back together!

 

Chandler: I know, but last time, when they broke up we where all miserable!

 

Monica: And who’s to say that hey break up?

 

Chandler: It’s Ross and Rachel! Of course they are going to break up!

 

Monica: I’m not so sure at this point…

 

[Pheobe and Joey’s Suit]

 

Pheobe: So, Rachel and Ross look kind of snuggly lately.

 

Joey: Oh my gosh, I wasn’t gonna tell you, but Ross still has it huge for Rachel!

 

Pheobe: Who doesn’t?

 

Joey: What’s that supposed to mean?

 

Pheobe: That girl has every guy eating out of the palm of her hand. NOTICE ME!

 

Joey: I notice you Pheobe…

 

                      (What’s gonna happen?) J

 

                               OPENING CREDITS

 

[Rachel and Ross’ suit]

 

Ross: wow, you did great tonight.

 

Rachel: Thank you.

 

            (There is a long awkward moment)

 

Rachel: so, where are you sleeping?

 

Ross: I’ll take the couch out here, uh, and you can have the bed.

 

Rachel: Thank you that is very sweet of you.

 

Ross: what time is it?

 

Rachel: it’s 1:00 here but 11:00 our time.

 

Ross: wow. No wonder I’m not tired.

 

Rachel: What would you like to do?

 

Ross: Well, we could order a movie.

 

Rachel: sounds good. What one?

 

Ross: uh, (grabs a movie menu) How about… “Kissing a fool?”

 

Rachel: No, that’s a little too like my past. (Hint, Hint, Chloe)

 

Ross: (Kind of offended and/or hurt) Look, I’m sorry for what happened in the past. But the truth is, I’m not sorry that I love you. I am hoping you can forgive me, and maybe, just maybe, we could, uh, start over.

 

Rachel: (teary) I don’t know. I ended a relationship with a guy named Ross because he wasn’t faithful to me and he broke my heart. So I don’t think I really want to start something new with you.  I’m sorry Ross.

 

             (She departs into the bedroom and locks the door.)

 

                   [Pheobe and Joey]

 

Joey: I love you Pheobe.

 

Pheobe: Oh my gosh. Wow, That’s cool. (Smile)

 

Joey: Hey! Let’s get married.

 

Pheobe: What?

 

Joey: Yea, let’s get married.!

 

Pheobe: Wow, this relationship is moving way to fast. Cool! Let’s go!

 

                  COMMERCIAL BREAK

 

{Monica and Chandlers}

 

Chandler: Hey, Monica: Are you asleep?

 

Monica: No, not tonight. I have a headache

 

Chandler: Monica, It’s been seven weeks.

 

Monica: No, not to night Chandler!

 

Chandler: Fine, fork over seven bucks so I can buy a decent magazine!

 

Monica: Oh, honey… Here you go (Hands him a couple bucks.)

 

Chandler: Monica, what is up. (In a high pitched voice) YOUR CHEATNG ON ME!

 

Monica: No, I wasn’t going to tell you yet, but I’m pregnant.

 

            (Chandler just stares as we fade into)[Ross and Rachel’s Room]

 

        (Ross is lying on the couch trying to sleep. He looks up at the stars through the ceiling skylight. A door opens as Rachel exits from her room)

 

Rachel: Ross, are you still awake?

 

Ross: Yea.

 

Rachel: (winding her hair around her fingers and sitting down on the end of the sofa toward his knees) I have been thinking, about what you said. Um, I don’t want you to think I don’t love you. Ross, I love you with all of my heart. But I don’t think we could ever work out.

 

Ross: Rach, you just need to have faith in us!

Rachel: Damn it Ross, there is no “us”, and there will never be “us” again. LET’S DROP THE “US!”

Ross: Okay.

Rachel: What?

Ross: Okay. I don’t need to say it twice. You get it.

Rachel: Well, thank you for understanding. (stands up to leave)

Ross: Goodnight, Rach. I love you.

Rachel: I love you too. (realizing) I love, no, I don’t love you, I’m in love with you.(smiles)

Ross: What?

Rachel: I don’t need to say it twice. I want to be with you too, Ross. I love you. Listen. I love you so much that, I want to stroll down an aisle in a white formal gown and prove how much I love you. I want to be on a hospital bed  in complete and utter pain having our first child, I-I-I want to be by your side in a rocking chair telling our grandchildren tales about our past. Do I sound extreme, or is this what you want too?

Ross: Rachel, I have wanted all of that since ninth grade. I want all of that and more. I want to be standing at the end of that aisle, I want to be holding your hand as that baby is placed in your arms. I want to be buried next to you when I die.

Rachel: But what if you die first?

Ross: Well, then you’ll be buried next to me after you die, years later of course.

Rachel: No, I’d die of a broken heart, within the week you die.

Ross: this is a depressing topic.

Rachel: yea

Ross: what do you say?

Rachel: well what the hell do you think I’m saying?

Ross: I love you.

Rachel: I love you too.

         ( There is a good silence, then they kiss. time-consuming and passionately.)

[Chandler and Monica’s suit] (Chandler is pacing)

Monica: I didn’t plan this. Aren’t you happy?

Chandler: Happy? I’m Terrified! (Monica looks down, heartbreaking) But at the same time, I am ecstatic.

Monica: (Smiles) Really?

Chandler: Yes. I will finally be able to raise a kid, and not screw him up like my parents screwed me up. So, how long?

Monica: two months.

Chandler: O my god! Seven months in counting!

Monica: what’s wrong?

Chandler: Oh, well, we have only seven months until Chandler Jr. will be here and we have nothing!

Monica: First of all, Um, we are not going to name it that. Second  of all, Chandler! We have seven moths! That’s plenty of time! Goodness!

Chandler: I can’t wait.

Monica: Really?

Chandler: Really.

                 (Kiss)

[Chapel] (Joey is standing at the end of the aisle as Pheobe walks down.)

Minister: Dearly beloved, Blah, blah, blah, you know all that junk. Just tell me I do so I can let you kiss the bride.

Joey: I do

Pheobe: I do

Minister: Ok, I now pronounce you Mr. And Mrs. (shifts through papers) Gabooni!

Joey: Actually, It’s Tribbiani.

Minister: Yea, whatever. Get out.

Pheobe: We’re married!

                  END CREDITS