Ross and Rachel forum Forum Index Ross and Rachel forum
A forum to discuus Ross, Rachel, Friends and everything else

FAQFAQ      SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Joey and Rachel
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ross and Rachel forum Forum Index -> Season 10
 << View previous topic:   ::  View next topic: >>  
Cathy Hough
A new Ross and Rach fan

Post Joey and Rachel
Sat Oct 11, 2003 9:34 pm
Reply to topic Reply with quote

I know we're thoroughly used to the idea of Ross and Rachel ending up together, but I think J&R would be better in many ways. She's interested in his work, whereas Ross's bores her to tears; she'd get bored with Ross in the end and he with her, they're so different intellectually (though I know, she's smarter than Joey). If R&R hadn't prematurely broken up in series 3, they'd have been together a year or so longer and the relationship would have worn out more naturally. Since then it's been driven by their unfinished business and they admit themselves they're a nightmare together. (Have just realised that I'm behind the times a bit in that series 10 has started in America, and I'm in England, so I've probably already 'missed the plot'!)

Still, we know Joey's off to LA next year so I guess we'll see R&R make a commitment. I'm a bit influenced by finding Joey a hundred times more attractive than Ross, I think!!

To change the subject - does anyone else find the inconsistency of their birthdates annoying? And does anyone agree with me that the best relationship in the whole lot has been Joey and Chandler's?

Last edited by Cathy Hough on Sat Oct 11, 2003 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
starrysight
A new Ross and Rach fan

Post Re: Joey and Rachel
Sat Oct 11, 2003 11:04 pm

Why is this even open for discussion anymore? JnR are over. The producers made Joey and Rachel look like complete jokes, IMO.

They didn't even care about this storyline from what I saw. The breakup was a lame, it was all about sex all they could think about was sex. How could you even think they should be together when that's all we saw of them. No romance from Joey, who says he's in love with Rachel and Rachel being a horny bimbo.

Joey being more attractive than Ross has nothing to do with who should end up with who. Sorry, that's a bit shallow, IMO.
zilents
A new Ross and Rach fan

Sun Oct 12, 2003 8:36 am

THX GOD its finally over.. and I hope it's OVER FOREVER!!! I can't stand saw 2 of them kissing on the couch (on S10E03)! I'm with you starrysight!!! and its really hurt my eyes saw rachel being like a horny bimbo!!! ...

R&R FOREVER!!!

Last edited by zilents on Sun Oct 12, 2003 8:36 am; edited 1 time in total
ajal_28
A new Ross and Rach fan

Sun Oct 12, 2003 9:30 pm

Ross' job might bore her( like everyone else in the group) but she is really only interested in Joey's job because he is on a soap opera and we know that Rachel and Monica love soap operas. And I think the only reason Rachel was attracted to Joey was because she was feeling lonely due to the fact that she and Ross had just stop living together. I also agree with everyone else in saying that I hate Rachel being potrayed as a horny bimbo. Joey and Rachel's relationship would have only been physical if it would have lasted. Ross and Rachel were and are more than just physical attraction.
Monica: Ross got married to Racheal in Vegas and got divorced AGAIN!
Phoebe: I love Jacque Gusto!
Racheal: I wasn't suppose to put beef in the Trifle!
Joey: I WANT TO GOOOOOOOOO!!
carbylobsterandavrilfan
A.K.A Mrs. Wyle

I missed it because of my brothers stupid football practice! I at leats get to see it becasue I will make someone record it for me! I am so glad it is over!
jennifer aniston's #1 fan!!
Cathy Hough
A new Ross and Rach fan

Wed Oct 15, 2003 4:30 pm

Oh well, that'll learn me to argue with you American guys, I haven't even seen the first episode of series 10 yet, so I guess I'll just talk to people who don't know what's happened yet!! Rather wish I hadn't spoken!!

Love from 'over there', Cathy
RossnRachelfan725
Regina Filange

Wed Oct 15, 2003 4:45 pm

I thought it was pretty funny how they ended JnR. Rachel kept smacking him, it was too funny!

Ross and Rachel 4ever :heart:

Jennifer Aniston's other #1 fan
Roni
Ultimate R&R fan
(webmistress Binba)

I have to apologize for the people here. Some people don't understand that the new season has only started in the US, and that there are people from all over the world who haven't seen it yet. Especially when you wrote you were from england.

On the other hand, this is the season 10 forum, so everyone in this forum has already seen the new episodes and can discuss them freely. If you don't want to be spoiled, the season 9 forum is still open ...

Hope that cleared up some things, and that you didn't take it too hard Smile
Sarah
Saw every Friends episode

So JnR are over quicker than they started then? i live in England so again i don't know what's happened. i've gotta say i'm sooooo relieved. No way could they have ended up together it just wouldn't be right. them breaking up has restored my faith in FRIENDS, i don't think i would have been able to really enjoy it with JnR together. RnR NEED to be together- i'll be so disappointed if they aren't together by the finale. RnR forever!!!!!
Zilz
A new Ross and Rach fan

you can always download the episodes from the internet. I live in Estonia nad have seen all the season 10 episodes, so no complaining!
Chuze
A new Ross and Rach fan

Sat Oct 25, 2003 1:07 am

starrysight wrote:
Why is this even open for discussion anymore? JnR are over. The producers made Joey and Rachel look like complete jokes, IMO.

They didn't even care about this storyline from what I saw. The breakup was a lame, it was all about sex all they could think about was sex. How could you even think they should be together when that's all we saw of them. No romance from Joey, who says he's in love with Rachel and Rachel being a horny bimbo.

Couldn't agree more.
starrysight
A new Ross and Rach fan

Roni wrote:
I have to apologize for the people here. Some people don't understand that the new season has only started in the US, and that there are people from all over the world who haven't seen it yet. Especially when you wrote you were from england.

On the other hand, this is the season 10 forum, so everyone in this forum has already seen the new episodes and can discuss them freely. If you don't want to be spoiled, the season 9 forum is still open ...

Hope that cleared up some things, and that you didn't take it too hard Smile

You must be referring to me. And I stated that after it aired in the U.S AND if someone was spoiler free and hasn't seen these eps yet why are they in this thread?!?!?!? But, whatevah. I was just stating my opinon and if I came off bitchy.. sorry. Although, I don't think I was being mean, just honest. And, i'm not an idiot. I know ALL Friends episode haven't aired in other countries. I just don't understand why someone is in this part of the forum.. when it's clearly for S10. Confused

Last edited by starrysight on Mon Nov 10, 2003 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Roni
Ultimate R&R fan
(webmistress Binba)

read again the 2nd paragraph I wrote. I agree with you about the forum, but the way you sounded was a bit harsh.

all good now, so let's drop this Smile
Courtney loves Friends
A new Ross and Rach fan

Sat Jan 03, 2004 6:48 pm

J&R sucks thank god they are over!
Razorback
A new Ross and Rach fan

Sarah wrote:
So JnR are over quicker than they started then? i live in England so again i don't know what's happened. i've gotta say i'm sooooo relieved. No way could they have ended up together it just wouldn't be right. them breaking up has restored my faith in FRIENDS, i don't think i would have been able to really enjoy it with JnR together. RnR NEED to be together- i'll be so disappointed if they aren't together by the finale. RnR forever!!!!!

Damn straight Wink How could a pair like that ever work out?
 << View previous topic:   ::  View next topic: >>  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ross and Rachel forum Forum Index -> Season 10 All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: